I was in the back of the ambulance with a man who spoke no English. He had a fever with a possible UTI and had vomited before we arrived. On the way to the hospital he tried to let me know something. It looked like he was signaling that he needed to throw up again. I quickly gave him a vomit bag. All the sudden he starts attempting to pull down his pants. "NO, NO!!" I scream. With what little Spanish I know I mumbled out, "Uno momento"! "Hospital close!" He tried still to get me to let him pee in the bag. It looked like he really needed to go. It's a tricky one because some people just don't care and will pee right there with or without the bag. But no, not on my watch. We were only 3 minutes from the hospital. Maybe if we were further and he spoke English so that I could explain to him the best way to pee in a bag in the back of an ambulance, because it has been done before, I would have let him. So lesson learned, when you gotta go, and your on the cot in the back of an ambulance, JUST HOLD IT!
Monday, January 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment